AB4 Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy while complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. This policy or any other documents referred to in it sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Looking at the personal information you share with us is very important and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely and to understand how we use it to offer you a better service.
AB4 Ltd is the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as ‘we’ or ‘us’. By Data Controller, this means AB4 Ltd determines the purposes and way in which any personal data is, or will be processed.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you.
When you visit our websites:
When you purchase products or services from AB4 Ltd at which point you are entering a contract agreement with us.
The personal data we may ask for includes:
- Date of birth
- Business or company name
- Job title
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests
- Delivery and collection note information
- Financial information
- Credit / debit card numbers – which are not retained
- Details of any purchases you make, including any returns made and reasons for such returns
- Personal information that you may provide by filling in forms on our websites
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our websites, and the websites you exit to
- Correspondence information
- Data relating to any completed surveys that we may ask for and use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal data listed above for the following reasons:
- Contract – your personal information is processed to fulfil a contractual agreement or obligation
- Consent – where you agree for us to store and use your information
- Legitimate interests – this means the interests of AB4 Ltd in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products, services and advice and in the most secure and appropriate way.
- Legal obligation – where there is a statutory or other legal requirement to share the information, e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
- To notify you – about changes to our services or products.
- Marketing – In addition to the uses described above, where you indicate you would like to receive marketing correspondence from us, for example when you’ve purchased a product or service, subscribed to our mailing lists or newsletters, enter any of our competitions or provided us with your details, we may use your personal data for our legitimate interests in order to provide you with details about our goods, services, business updates, promotions and events which we think may be of interest.
You have the right to opt-out of receiving the information detailed above at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can click the unsubscribe button contained in any such communication received or email us at email@example.com or by calling 0113 350 3020 or 01422 200 200 providing us with your name and contact details.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure server or remotely via secure cloud based platforms.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, no organisation can 100% guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site as we cannot anticipate advances in unscrupulous computer hacking, viruses etc although every effort has been made for our sites to be as robust as possible.
How long we keep your information
On the closure of your account, we may keep your data for up to 7 years after you have cancelled your services with us. We may not be able to delete your data before this time due to our legal and/or accountancy obligations.
Where you have indicated you would like to receive marketing material from us we will use your personal data for three years from when you last engaged with us, such as opening one of our marketing emails. You can always unsubscribe from receiving marketing if you no longer want to hear about offers from us.
In the event of a data breach, we shall ensure that our obligations under applicable data protection laws are complied with where necessary.
Disclosure of your information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following cases:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- We may sometimes contract with trusted third parties to supply products and services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law
- To staff members in order to facilitate the provision of goods or services to you
- To our affiliated entities to support internal administration
- IT software providers that host our website and store data on our behalf
- Professional advisers including consultants, lawyers, bankers and insurers who provide us with consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances
- We may disclose personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not sell your personal data to other organisations without your approval.
Websites – AB4 Ltd operates on a secure web server which automatically records your public internet protocol (IP) address and also generates a log file.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on to your computer’s hard drive by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work or work more efficiently as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
You can easily control and disable cookies. For more information visit the following external links www.aboutcookies.org and/or www.youronlinechoices.eu
Please be aware that by limiting or deleting cookies you may not enjoy as good an experience on our websites or have access to many of our enhanced features.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We process your data for administration, billing, support and the provision of services via:
- Domains – Your data may be sent to the domain registrar outside of the EEA
- Back Office System – Cloud based via dedicated servers, virtual servers, CloudNX platform
- Webhosting – Dedicated servers, virtual servers, CloudNX platform
- Website builders and Epages – Additionally, to provide customer domain and connection details to the service your data is sent to third party suppliers both within and outside of the EEA
- Email hosting – Additionally, to provide customer domain and connection details and use email addresses to provide the service
- Office 365 user data shared with Microsoft in the EEA
- Exchange shares data with third party infrastructure in the EEA. Standard email all UK based.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 you have many rights to enable you to control how organisations use and control your data. These include:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right of rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
By email at cs@ab4ltd..co.uk
By telephone on 0113 350 3020 or 01422 200 200;
By post to Sonia Armstrong, AB4 Ltd, 5 Springwell Court, Leeds, LS12 1AL
Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data we hold about you.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator. Please go to www.ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.